Friday, February 6, 2009

Gabriel is nine!







Gabriel's 'block party' was a BLAST! The lego challenge was even more fun than I thought it would be, and the lego cake was incredible - not quite on par with the R2-D2 cake from 2 years ago, but still pretty cool. See the cake blog (linked through my profile on here) for photos of the cake.
The rain cleared up before the party, and there was still daylight as the party ended, allowing Gabriel to try out his new 'ripstick' skateboard (he fell more than anything else)
Gabriel's friends from school, church, basketball, and soccer were at the party, as well as several aunts, uncles, cousins, and all four grandparents - quite the crowd!
I'm still hoping we'll have some kind of patio in the backyard in time for next year's party, so we can better accommodate a large group.

2 comments:

Lynita said...

I am so excited to see everyone, and these pictures just increased the excitement. Gabriel is so big, I think he is looking more like Mike these days! I love the lego cake, awesome colors.

Gaile said...

ha ha just re-read this post, its been more than a year, and STILL no patio. Maybe in time for Mike's next homecoming in January?